Hello, fellow bookworms.
I FINISHED BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE!
After almost two weeks, I finally finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue and oh boy! I loved it, this was, for me, the best book in the series. This book was simpler but at the same time they were throwing new information at me all the time, but it was somehow okay.
I’m not going to give spoilers but the two main ships in this series are finally getting to me… the first one has the phone scenes and the car drives and it is not fair that they can’t be together. The second ship is on the beginning and I don’t even know if it is a thing but I LOVE THEM BOTH and they are so complexed and intense.
I’m sorry for the rambling, let’s get to what we’re here for, today, I’ll be doing the Raven Cycle Tag.
1. In the books, Maura is the relaxed mom that is Blue’s friend more than an actual mother. Who is your favorite mom character?
There’s no other possible answer than the one I’m going to give: Mrs.Weasley. I’ve said this a million and a thousand times but I consider myself a Wealsey (if we exclude my brown hair), they are such a happy family and I think Molly is what keeps them all together and she runs that family like a boss.
2. Adam wanted to go to Aglionby so he could one day escape where he came from. Have you ever dreamt of living somewhere else? Where?
Since I was 12, I always knew I didn’t want to live in Portugal forever, I want to travel the world, but I also want to live somewhere else.
Just like Adam, I am working hard to escape the place I live in now, not for the same reasons, of course (my poor baby Adam). I always thought I wanted to live in Ireland but that has changed, now I believe that there are other options, better options.
3. In the second book we meet the Gray Man. He is a hit man who loves poetry. Name a book that you thought was going to be one thing but turned out to be something else.
I think many people are going to relate to this, so here it goes: I didn’t like Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.
After entering the Harry Potter world so many times, through the books or the movies, real pieces of art, The Cursed Child was just so upsetting to read. I must admit that the idea of the alternate versions created in this book were really creative, but the writing and the story were not something I liked.
After so many years, I thought that I would be blessed to read about Hogwarts again, but it wasn’t the Hogwarts I read about in the Harry Potter series, it was not my home.
4. Gansey has searched most of his life for a buried king who is promised to grant one wish. What is one wish you would ask Glendower?
I don’t know, and I mean it: I don’t actually know what is the thing I would ask Glendower for.
5. In this series you get to see Greenmantle as a fleshed out character but also as a villain. Name your favorite villain.
SPOILERS FOR RED QUEEN! Skip to the next question if you have not read it. 😘
One of my favourite villains is Maven, only because he was able to fool me during the entire book, that little shit made me like him as much as I liked Cal and that is not okay.
6. Blue’s got her Raven Boys. Who makes up your bookish team?
I wouldn’t pick anyone else other than the actual Raven Boys. And you know what? I also want Blue Sargent. There’s no other bookish team I would like to be a part of, at least not right now.
7. Ronan is a bad ass with a sensitive side. What book have you read that was action packed but had beautiful emotional scenes as well?
A Court Of Mist And Fury, I mean, everything that happens in that book is pure gold, the romantic scenes, the action scenes, everything.
SPOILERS FOR A COURT OF MIST AND FURY!!!
How could I choose another book when there’s the soup scene when Rhys tells Feyre about his life, the atack in Velaris, the sentence “I will bow before no one and nothing but my crown.” and then he bows to his High Lady, and finally, THAT ENDING!!
8. Noah has a heart of gold. Who has touched your heart recently?
Many things have touched my heart recently but here are the top ones:
1. People risking their lives to save animals from the floods of Hurricane Harvey. That makes me believe that humanity is not lost after all, people still have enough love in their hearts to help the ones in need.
2. “You’re not you” is a movie I saw 2 days ago and it is so fantastic and emotinal. I have never seen a movie like this before, showing you that even tough you’re ill, you have to live and showing that you are still able to touch people, to change them and that you are still worthy of love.
3. This cheesy video I saw 2 days ago and I actually liked it. I don’t like this kind of thing normally but this guy held a very important topic in his video, which is the fact that society expects men to be heartless creatures, covered with masculinity and showing no feelings.
9. Calla is a woman who speaks her mind and puts her foot down when necessary. Who is your favorite strong female character?
Lately, I’ve been thinking about how Inej Ghafa is such a strong character, she came from where she came from and she still is the best at her job and the one Kaz Brekker trusts the most. Besided, the fact that she wants to help others that are in the same position as she once was is a very honorable thing to do.
10. Chainsaw is an awesome Raven boy pet. If you could have one “exotic” pet…what would it be? What would you name it?
By the way, Chainsaw is more than just a pet, okay!?!?
And I would have a Koala, because they are adorable and I would put him in my backpack and bring him with me everywhere.
When it comes to his name, oh boy, I was never good with names (but so is Ronan), I guess I would call him Azriel and then I could just call him Az! I’m getting excited! Or Fred, it would be an amazing name to a koala! 😆😍
I’m editing this on my phone so I might have let some typos pass. 😩
If you have read The Raven Cycle, comment letting me know your thoughts (meaning: let’s fangirl about it together 😁). But I have not read The Raven King so be careful with the spoilers!